Online Marketing Course Description
This self study course provides applicants with a view of the principle areas of marketing. It explores the factors influencing how marketing decisions are made, including the impact of marketing decisions on an organization and its customers. Applicants gain a working knowledge of practical marketing and business vocabulary. Additionally, applicants analyze today's global, highly competitive marketplace and evaluate how the actions of competitors influence marketing decisions.
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently sit for the SCPM™ exam and:
- Evaluate the primary components of a marketing plan from strategic, functional, and operational perspectives
- Analyze how the characteristics of the business environment can impact marketing decisions
- Analyze the possible impacts of marketing research on a business plan
- Evaluate how consumer characteristics and behavior affect marketing strategies
- Compare B2B and consumer markets
- Compare various considerations in product and services marketing
- Analyze how integrated marketing communications (IMCs) are developed and implemented
- Analyze the considerations and process of creating a pricing strategy
- Distinguish marketing channel options, considerations, and interactions
Our online learning portal provides you with the best tools and technology to help you study. As you work through the questions, the Dynamic Study Modules will assess your knowledge and only show questions you still need to practice. Dynamic Study Modules, created for fast learning and long-term retention, will ensure you are prepared for your exams.
Included multimedia study aids:
- Flash Cards
What is certification?
A certification program is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform a particular job, and, upon successfully passing a certification exam, to represent a declaration of a particular individual’s professional competence. In some professions, certification is a requirement for employment or practice.
Steps to Getting Certified
- Apply online and pay the course application fee
$1049 or $899 for Professional & Executive Members
- Use the online learning system to study the e-textbook, take quizzes and prepare for the certification exam
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee ($150 or $125 for Professional & Executive Members)
- Sit for the online exam within 1 year of your application date (Convenient locations in most major cities worldwide)
- Achieve a 75% or better grade on the exam
- Receive and proudly display your online digital certification badge from SMEI
Steps to Maintaining Your Certification
- Apply for annual renewal within one year from your certification achieved date, and annually thereafter
- Pay the applicable renewal fee ($95 or $55 for Professional Members, no fee for Executive Members)
- Provide a list of your continuing education (minimum of 20 hours per year) which can be obtained via SMEI webinar or 3rd party programs such as workshops, conferences and seminars
or contact us if you have questions.