online sales training Course Description
This self study course provides applicants with a view of the principle areas of sales under the theme "Partnering to Create Value". It explores the factors influencing how buying decisions are made, including the impact of buying decisions on an organization. Applicants gain a working knowledge of practical sales and business vocabulary. In today's competitive market a "partnering style of selling" creates a competitive advantage for sales organizations that transcends to increased customer value. This course is ideally suited for those wishing to achieve high performance selling.
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently sit for the SCPS™ exam and:
- Understand relationship selling opportunities in the information economy
- Know the importance of discovering customer needs and configuring value-added product solutions to meet those needs
- Explain how the marketing concept has produced the new personal selling models and strategies used by high-performing salespeople
- Develop your own personal selling philosophy and a professional communication style
- Develop a product strategy that adds value
- Develop a customer strategy through understanding the buying process and buyer behavior
- Develop a sales presentation strategy using adaptive selling and consultive question techniques
- Negotiate buyer concerns
- Learn key concepts for the management of self and others
Our online learning portal gives you the opportunity to test yourself on key concepts and skills, track your progress through the course and use the personalized study plan activities - all to help you achieve success.
- Study Plan - helps ensure that you have a good understanding of material and are able to develop a study plan that suits your learning style
- Critical Thinking - Exercises applying the concepts you have learned in the text to situations you will encounter as part of the selling world.
- Self Assessments - test your understanding of key concepts and give you an accurate assessment of how ready you are for the exam
- Flash Cards - provide you with an adaptive tool to learn the glossary of terms and key concepts
- Videos - help reinforce the material in the text
Steps to Getting Certified
- Apply online and pay the course application fee
$1049 or $899 for Professional & Executive Members
- Use the online learning system to study the e-textbook, take quizzes and prepare for the certification exam
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee ($150 or $125 for Professional & Executive Members)
- Sit for the online exam within 1 year of your application date (Convenient locations in most major cities worldwide)
- Achieve a 75% or better grade on the exam
- Receive and proudly display your online digital certification badge from SMEI
Steps to Maintaining Your Certification
- Apply for annual renewal within one year from your certification achieved date, and annually thereafter
- Pay the applicable renewal fee ($95 or $55 for Professional Members, no fee for Executive Members)
- Provide a list of your continuing education (minimum of 20 hours per year) which can be obtained via SMEI webinar or 3rd party programs such as workshops, conferences and seminars
or contact us if you have questions.