online sales management Course Description
This self study course prepares you for the exciting challenges related to leading sales organizations in today's hyper-competitive global economy. You will learn basic theoretical foundations that will enable you to adapt to the economy as it continues to evolve, balanced with practical applications you need to know in order to lead performing sales teams.
At the end of this course you will be able to confidently sit for the CSE® exam and:
- Define the strategy hierarchy and understand how a firms sales and marketing strategies affect its overall strategy
- Describe the sales management process and the responsibilities and activities of sales managers
- Explain what the sales function consists of and how salespeople affect a firm's supply chain
- Identify the various channels in which the sales function can be carried out
- Explain how effective sales management efforts an align a firm's sales strategy in a multi-channel environment
- Recognize the contributions made by contemporary leadership approaches
- Identify issues today's sales leaders face
- Identify the more common ethical dilemmas that face salespeople, sales managers, and sales executives and develop appropriate actions when faced with ethical issues
- Comprehend how buyer-seller relationships are established and maintained
- Know how to leverage information technologies
- Effectively design and organize a salesforce
- Recruit and select the right salespeople
- Identify factors that determine what types of training are needed by salespeople and implement effective training programs to develop the salesforce
- Understand the elements of teamwork and how to successfully develop and work with teams, including those that are virtual
- Learn to set goals and manage the sales force's performance
- How to motivate and reward salespeople
- Effectively turn customer information into sales knowledge
- Asses the performance of the sales force and the people who comprise it
- Understand cultural forces and how a diverse sales force is important to an organization's success
WHAT IS CERTIFICATION?
A certification program is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform a particular job, and, upon successfully passing a certification exam, to represent a declaration of a particular individual’s professional competence. In some professions, certification is a requirement for employment or practice.
STEPS TO GETTING CERTIFIED
- Apply online and pay the course application fee
- Use the online learning system to study the e-textbook, take quizzes and prepare for the certification exam
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee ($150 or $125 for Professional & Executive Members)
- Sit for the online exam within 1 year of your application date (Convenient locations in most major cities worldwide or use our online proctor system and take the exam from your home or office using your computer and webcam). The exam is 180 multiple choice or true/false questions and is timed for 3 hours.
- Achieve a 75% or better grade on the exam
- Receive and proudly display your online digital certification badge from SMEI
STEPS TO MAINTAINING YOUR CERTIFICATION
- Apply for annual renewal within one year from your certification achieved date, and annually thereafter
- Pay the applicable renewal fee ($95 or $55 for Professional Members, no fee for Executive Members)
- Provide a list of your continuing education (minimum of 12 hours per year) which can be obtained via SMEI webinar or 3rd party programs such as workshops, conferences and seminars
or contact us if you have questions.