Online Marketing Management Course Description
This online self study course will provide an understanding of the application of marketing theories, concepts, and practices as they relate to the management of the marketing function in a complex organization. Emphasis will be on the managerial aspects of marketing plans, including analysis of the external environment. A key element of the course will include the relationship of the "marketing mix" to strategic planning.
At the end of this course you will be able to confidently sit for the CME® exam and:
- Understand the fundamentals of implementing the marketing function in organizations
- Evaluate the social, legal, political and ethical concerns in marketing
- Understand the function of marketing in a competitive, dynamic global business
- Develop effective strategic and marketing analysis skills
- Enhance computer-based skills including on-line activities, written and oral communication, and information analysis
- Demonstrate an individual capability for meeting professional standards of conduct, quality, and skill as a marketing manager
The online learning portal gives you the opportunity to test yourself on key concepts and skills, track your progress through the course and use the personalized study plan activities - all to help you achieve success.
- Personalized Study Plans - Pre- and post-tests with remediation activities directed to help you understand and apply the concepts where you need the most help
- Interactive Elements - A wealth of hands-on activities and exercises let you experience and learn actively
- Current Events Articles - Concise, highly relevant articles about the latest marketing related news with thought provoking short essay questions
- Critical Thinking Challenge Questions - These questions measure core critical-thinking skills through the context of marketing applications.
WHAT IS CERTIFICATION?
A certification program is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform a particular job, and, upon successfully passing a certification exam, to represent a declaration of a particular individual’s professional competence. In some professions, certification is a requirement for employment or practice.
STEPS TO GETTING CERTIFIED
- Apply online and pay the course application fee
- Use the online learning system to study the e-textbook, take quizzes and prepare for the certification exam
- Register for the exam and pay the exam fee ($150 or $125 for Professional & Executive Members)
- Sit for the online exam within 1 year of your application date (Convenient locations in most major cities worldwide)
- Achieve a 75% or better grade on the exam
- Receive and proudly display your online digital certification badge from SMEI
STEPS TO MAINTAINING YOUR CERTIFICATION
- Apply for annual renewal within one year from your certification achieved date, and annually thereafter
- Pay the applicable renewal fee ($95 or $55 for Professional Members, no fee for Executive Members)
- Provide a list of your continuing education (minimum of 12 hours per year) which can be obtained via SMEI webinar or 3rd party programs such as workshops, conferences and seminars
or contact us if you have questions.